The FwdToAmazin news. Entries older than July 1, 2018 are from our old newsletter. Edited to be current and accurate.
July 2, 2018
The metrics for Q2 2018 are out. We are happy to note that our cost per unit is down from Q1, continuing the quarter over quarter trend.
- 87.67% of orders have a unit cost below C$1.00; up from 86%
- Unit cost goes down with the number of units processed, and up with the level of preparation required. The high cost per units recorded for high manual labor, small number of units orders.
For more details see our cost per unit FAQ.
NOTE: Any duties and shipping out to the FC are excluded from this calculation.
July 1, 2018
We stopped publishing our newsletter.
April 2, 2018
1 Removal orders
In the past we limited removal orders processing to established clients of our prep service.
Some international sellers ship their products in fully prepped, but still require removal orders processing. We have added occasional removal order processing to help these sellers.
2. Pricing examples
If you want to figure out how we price our services, and what your typical shipment would cost, check out our pricing examples.
January 31, 2018
Online Arbitrage (OA)
Many sellers are into Online Arbitrage (OA); read our FAQ on this subject.
September 30, 2017
1. Opt-in joining fee
We have introduced an opt-in, CDN$50 refundable joining fee for new accounts. This fee is a credit applied toward payment of orders placed within one (1) year of having the account created. The two option are:
- No joining fee
- 0% joining discount.
- Everyday discount at 0% for the first quarter.
- Joining fee
- 5% joining discount.
- Everyday discount at 7.5% for the first quarter, starting with the second order.
2. New everyday discount rules
We have modified our everyday discount rules in an effort to better recognize our committed clients.
- The everyday discount kicks in starting with your second order. Clients that opt-in for the CDN$50 joining fee receive a everyday discount initially set at 7.5% .
- At the end of each quarter we evaluate each and every one of our clients to find out how much business we've done together.
- Clients that have placed an average of two (2) orders, or more, per month will see their everyday discount increase by 1%.
- Clients that have placed an average of between one (1) and two (2) orders, per month will see their everyday discount increase by 0.5%.
- Clients that have placed an average of more than zero (0), but less than one (1) order, per month will see their everyday discount remain stable.
- Clients that have placed no order, will see their everyday discount decrease by 0.5%.
- The minimum everyday discount is 0% and the maximum is 15%.
August 31, 2017
1. Change to minimum order fee
As of September 15, 2017, the minimum order fee will apply to all invoices; including those for brokerage/duties/taxes billed to us after an order has been processed.
When you fill in the service purchase form, you are now asked if you want us to delay processing until we receive the brokerage/duties/taxes invoice to process your order, or if we should process immediately, and invoice you later. Waiting, the default, may cause a delay of 2+ weeks, while the second invoice will incur the minimum order fee.
2. Hourly rate for inspection and prep
- This FAQ entry explains the rules we use to switch from per unit to hourly rate for inspection and prep.
3. Drop shipping, grading, liquidation lots, refurbishing, and storage
- This FAQ entry covers how we approach these topics.
- You probably already know all about importing, and exporting; but just in case...
5. Using DropBox
- For those of you who have not already place your first order, here is how to use DropBox efficiently.
August 1, 2017
Shipping pallets to/from our facilities?
- Check this FAQ entry to find out how to efficiently ship pallets to, and from our facilities.
July 10, 2017
New Rules! The must read stuff
- Your account. We are spelled out the rules governing accounts; when is an account active, archived, closed, or blocked.
- Abandoned inventory. We have updated the rules around abandoned inventory; the grace period is now 30 days.
- Incentive program. From June 18, 2017, new accounts became eligible to the everyday discount starting with their second order.
- Minimum order. From July 17, 2017 we are instituting a minimum order of CDN$25 on our services after discount(s), before taxes, third party fees, and PayPal fees.
October 3, 2016
We have modified our incentive program, specifically our joining discount; our 5% joining discount is in place for 30 days from the date of your first order. This change is retroactive for all clients that have not yet made their first order.
We stopped offering a referral credit as administering that part of the incentive program was very difficult, and it was almost never used.